I'll admit that I borrowed heavily from Spanish on this, but there are still quite a few differences.
There are three types of verb endings in the infinitive: -am, -em, and -om.
Par Ravkada:
Avlam (to speak)
Viziem (to see)
Comom (to eat)
These are conjugated depending upon the gender and number of the subject, as well as whether it is first, second, or third person.
Asai:
Avlam (-am ending)
Myya'li avlaz (I speak)
Vore'li avlav (You speak)
Malya avlavu (He speaks)
Damya avlava (She speaks)
Nuztra avlazar (We speak)
Vuztra avlazai (You, pl. speak)
Senn'li avlan (They speak)
Viziem (-em ending)
Myya'li viziez (I see)
Vore'li viziev (You see)
Malya vizievu (He sees)
Damya vizieva (She sees)
Nuztra viziezar (We see)
Vuztra viziezai (You, pl. see)
Senn'li vizien (They see)
Comom (-om ending)
Myya'li comoz (I eat)
Vore'li comov (You eat)
Malya comovu (He eats)
Damya comova (She eats)
Nuztra comozar (We eat)
Vuztra comozai (You, pl. eat)
Senn'li comon (They eat)
A notable difference between Rijan and Spanish is that the third person singular form is gender-specific. Another huge difference is that there are no irregulars. How lovely!
Practice Exercise:
Below are ten verbs in the infinitive form. Try conjugating them as instructed.
1. Vrakunam (to ask); first person, singular
2. Evom (to be); second person, plural
3. Bynadem (to bless); third person, singular, masculine
4. Pudem (to be able to); third person, plural
5. Selemitam (to dislike); third person, singular, feminine
6. Sentem (to feel); second person, singular
7. Tratam (to give); first person, plural
8. Zavom (to go); third person, singular, feminine
9. Khazrazem (to make); first person, singular
10. Fynam (to lie); second person, plural
No comments:
Post a Comment