Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Video: The Lord's Prayer

I originally had some propaganda posters that I was going to share with you, but then I remembered this video and decided that this would be better. I'll save the posters for another time. Actually hearing the language gives a better idea of how the sounds are formed, for those of you who are not that experienced with languages other than English and don't know how the d is pronounced in German, for example.

Forgive my very American accent; I'm not used to speaking other languages. That doesn't mean I don't do well with other languages; I do just fine. I just don't like to talk.





The transcript (copied from YouTube):

Gretti. Par'avlaz a linkwa nin orivazi. Za na'ez Rijan, inde za par'travozi par eki trei taani*. Avair'par'evozi vuryzha, kerez'avkazem zu laprezu nach zu Diev uan Rijan. Viiti, vireyazai a'myya fozaira, inde anziitu ziya myya avladu necht'evovu viwodu.

Nuz Patru, nin evov uan za Ezakkra
Vore naam evova zankta
Vinevu vore manaki
Vore kerda evova shazod'
Uan za Gi eki uan za Ezakkra.
A'nuz tratav ista di nuz di'lafa
Inde vireyav nuz malvaja eki vireyazar za malvaja nach u'niai.
Inde a'nuz necht'uudev uan azravet
Per zaivatov a'nuztra nach malvaja
Avair'vore evon zu manaki, zu paitru inde za aam
Per teld za temva.
Asai sa naa, inde asai vaata sa vel.



*This video was made a while ago. As all who have experimented with ConLangs know, the process of constructing a language is one full of mistakes, corrections, goofs, and memory lapses. Taan, or "year," was a memory lapse. Back when this video was made, I didn't have a word for "year," so I just made one up on the spot. And then I didn't write it down, so I forgot it. About a week later, I remembered that I didn't have a word for "year" in the dictionary I have saved to my computer, so I made up another one, yakhra. I've decided to keep both.

No comments:

Post a Comment